Thursday 19 November 2015

My Hair Routine and Go To Hairstyle Featuring GHD's Eclipse Straightener

My hair is probably bottom of my list when I'm getting ready. I used to not do anything. My routine included step 1: washing my hair with whatever shampoo and conditioner I had in, step 2: towel drying and brushing my hair, step 3: blow the hairdryer on my hair then give up because I have too much hair and I'm too lazy and step 4: put it in a bun then take it out and hope that it is slightly curly. There you go, my hair routine, bye.


Just kidding obvs. Recently I've been caring for my hair more and styling it rather than just leaving it to do whatever the hell it wants. And if I'm honest, I'm pretty happy with my hair at the moment and my mam keeps commenting on how healthy it looks. Well done hair. A little bit of background on my hair would probably be a good way to start this off. I have brunette hair with a thousand different colours. I quite like the colour of my hair, I have a mix of red and golden tones to it which  show up in different lights. I've only dyed my hair once which was about 3 years ago. I had it dyed at my hairdressers to a lighter brown colour but then I went on holiday and it went practically blonde. Bit of a mistake but I quite liked it. I decided I didn't want to get it dyed again so just let it grow out and regularly had hair cuts to get rid of the remaining colour. For a while I looked like I had dip dyed hair. What a mare. My hair is EXTREMELY thick and I have lots of it. Like seriously, lots. It falls out everywhere and my boyfriend always seems to be the person they land on. Soz mate. 

I used to have a side parting and that's the way my hair naturally falls to however, lately I've been starting to style it in a middle parting which I really like the look of. So, let's start with the shower. I don't tend to buy specific shampoos and conditioners if I'm honest. I have always just gone with whatever we have had in and to be honest I sometimes just get the cheapest ones. But they seem to do the job. I quite enjoy using Alberto Balsam shampoo and conditioners and for the price of £1 they are amazing value for money. One of my favourite ranges, however, is the Herbel Essences Bee Strong range. I love this stuff and it has done wonders for my hair. The smell is amazing. It smells of honey and apricot which together are the bomb dot com. I always seem to go back to this range after using something else and it never disappoints. Not going to lie, I do like to treat myself sometimes. For my birthday I was given the Liz Earle Botanical Shampoo and Conditoner. I love the skin products from Liz Earle and never though to try their haircare but I was actually impressed. I wasn't too keen on the smell however it wasn't overpowering on my hair after my shower. It made my hair silky smooth and if I'm honest, I feel like this is one of the main reasons why my hair looks so healthy at the moment.

After I have my shower I tend to brush my hair when it's still wet. Yes, I know that's not what your meant to do and makes your hair worse but it works best for me. I can't for the life of me brush my hair when it's dry otherwise it turns frizzy so this is the only way. I use my beloved Tangle Teezer which had been an essential in my life for a good few years now. I know they're a bit pricey at £10 a brush but it's honestly worth it. Mine last for a long time as well and you can get loads of different types. I then use my Garnier Ultimate Blends Marvellous Glow Oil and this little beauty has been a god send. I never used to use any product on my hair but I'm so glad I do now. I apply onto wet hair after I've towel dried and brushed my hair and then I dry my hair with a blow dryer. I don't blow dry it in any fancy way I just put my head upside done and dry it. Fancy.


Like I said before, I've been styling my hair into a middle parting rather than a side parting. I don't use heat too much on my hair because tbh, I sometimes can't be bothered. But recently, I have been using my GHD Eclipse Straightener to create a few curls here and there in my hair. My hair is naturally voluminous. Like, I always get asked what I use to get my hair the way it is and the answer is always nothing. I prefer to have more volume though so I'm quite lucky that my hair is like that. I rarely straighten my hair and it is naturally wavy anyway. However I like to curl my hair with these straighteners as it leaves a natural, beachy wave look. I usually separate my hair into two sections and start with the bottom. I take small (but not too small otherwise it will take forever) sections of my hair and take the straighteners down then curl it up. It doesn't leave the most perfect looking curls but I don't want perfect looking hair. To be honest, most of the time I look like I've been dragged through a bush backwards. I then start on the top section of my hair and take each side of a time so that my hair doesn't get in the way when I'm curling it. After I've finished curling I flip my hair upside down and back up again then drag my fingers through to make the curls a bit looser. And to finish it off I use my Tresemme Runway Collection Make Waves Hairspray to hold it all in place. I do admit, my hair does drop after I curl it because I have so much hair but it leaves a gorgeous look!

Charlotte xxx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig