Thursday 1 October 2015

Review: MAC's Rebel Lipstick



The berry lips are coming back, even though I tend to wear them all year round but whatever. Autumn is the perfect time to whip out the dark berry and red shades and this lipstick is perfect. Rebel from MAC is a recent purchase of mine as I've heard many good things about this lipstick. One of my friends from university raves about this colour so I thought I should give it a go. MAC Rebel is very much a deep pink/purple shade and unlike many berry lipsticks, this has an obvious purple undertone rather than red. However, I quite like this as I think it makes it a lot different to the other berry lipsticks out there at the minute. Although, I do love my berry reds. There is a subtle blue undertone that goes with it as well, making your teeth look extra white. 

The lipstick is a Satin finish, which I don't normally go to and think this may be the only Satin finish that I own from MAC. I don't like sheer lipsticks and am very much a fan of bold colours. I was worried that it wasn't going to be bold enough for me, but actually I was quite impressed with the finish. It has the pigmentation of an Amplified finish, but turns slightly matte depending on how long you wear it. I've worn this all day, and even eaten with it without re-applying, and it is super long-lasting. It does stain your lips however, so when you remove it you're left with pink stained lips, but I guess that's a given with dark lipsticks. I would recommend a lip liner with this lipstick as it can go a bit feathery at the edges, however I wear it without a lip liner and it looks just as good. 

I'd say this is one of my favourite Autumn/Winter shades at the minute however it is not my all time favourite. I still prefer a red toned berry colour rather than a purple so I opt for those shades more than this one. I would recommend Rebel however, I would be careful when you buy it. It isn't as dark as it looks in the bullet, which may scare those who aren't used to bold colours. You can even see by the photos how dark it looks compared to the colour on the lips. 

MAC lipsticks cost £15.50 (which I'm still not happy about as they've gone up in price over the past few years!!)

Charlotte xxx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig