Tuesday 29 September 2015

What To Take To University

I might be a bit late with this post as I know many of you will have already started university however, I know some universities haven't started yet or are about to start. As a second year student, I have gone through the madness that is freshers, and to help you through that I wrote a post about how to survive your first year at uni. Before you go to uni, you need to figure out what you want to take and how much you're going to need. I'm the worst person for buying homeware stuff, if I see a cute mug I like I'll put it straight in my basket. I thought I'd make a list of things that you might need for your kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. However, I must say that this is mainly aimed at self-catered accommodations (particularly the kitchen list) however, it can apply to everyone, even those who are returning to university!

Kitchen:
Plates
Bowls
Pasta Bowls
Mugs (If you're a tea/coffee lover)
Glasses
Frying Pan
Wok
Saucepans
Cutlery: Forks, Spoons, Knives, Scissors, Chopping Knives, Ladle, Fish Slice, Pizza Cutter, Tin/Bottle Opener, Ladle, Whisk, Tong, Wooden Spoons
Chopping Boards
Baking Trays
Pizza Tray
Measuring Jug
Cheese Grater (particularly the ones with the box on the bottom so you can store your grated cheese. I LOVE THEM)
Casserole Dish
Tuppaware Boxes
Toastie Maker (AN ESSENTIAL)

Bedroom:
Duvet
Pillows
Mattress Protector
Sheets
Duvet and Pillow Covers
Throw
Television (Not a necessity)
Extension Cables
Storage (For make up, beauty bits etc)
Hangers
Fairy Lights (If you wanna be cute)
Laundry Basket
Clothes Dryer (Saves so much tumble drying money)
Lamp
Photo Frames (Filled with photos from home of family and friends)
Mirror (If you don't have one already)
Cleaning Kit
Over the Door Hooks
Bin

Bathroom:
Toothbrush Holder
Soap Dish
Shower Holder (To hold your shampoo etc)
Towels
Bath Mats
Bin
Set of Drawers (To hold all your bits and bobs)
Over the Door Hooks


I hope you have an amazing time at university for whoever is starting and like in the picture above, don't take as much stuff as me because you really don't need it. Well, I can't really say that because even though this was my second car load, I still need everything in it...

Charlotte xxx

Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig