Sunday 9 August 2015

Maybelline Master Sculpt Contouring Set


First things first, I'm very sorry for my absence. In the past month I've been on holiday and then I've just been plain lazy even though I had a whole list of blog post ideas to write. Secondly, I love contouring, like, I've really been into my contouring recently and I'm loving it. This product came out a couple of months or so a go and I really liked the look of it but did not know whether to buy it not. I think the fact the Mollie King was the face of Maybelline and this product I knew it had to be part of my collection because I love love LOVE her. I thought to myself, as I was going on holiday I thought I'd treat myself to some new make up bits and so I did. Plus, the 3 for 2 offer at the time really helped so thank you Boots (love ya). 

I got the shade 02 Medium/Dark as I thought it would go better once I had a tan and I quite like a defined contour. The contour shade is quite warm toned and most definitely matte. I prefer matte contour shades as I think it makes the look more defined whereas I like a bit of shimmer in my bronzer to give a more sunkissed look. I always feel like my contour looks its best when I use this product and I don't know why but it's pretty damn good. The highlight shade is a very gold/champagne kind of colour and gives a very subtle glow. I have to admit, and I hate to be the odd one out, but I'm not a massive fan of the highlighter. I did use it in holiday quite a bit but that's only because I didn't really have another highlighter with me of this colour so I stuck to this one, plus I wanted to give it a go cause you never know until you try don't you? I'm not hating on this highlighter because I do love my highlighters but I just don't think it gives off a great deal of shimmer and it's not the most pigmented highlighter I've used. But don't worry, it doesn't mean I'm gonna abandon it. it's still part of my life. The colour from both of these shades, however, does last all day and I've found that it's one of the better contour sets I've used!

You can get this set in a light/medium shade which will suit paler skin tones wheres as the medium/dark will suit a more darker complexion. However, saying that, I'm not exactly dark, I just have a tan at the minute from being on holiday but I think the darker shade will suit most skin tones, especially if you love a contoured look and blend the product out well! You can buy this from any drugstore for only £6.99 which I think is a complete bargain!

What do you think of this product?

Charlotte xxx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig