Sunday 20 April 2014

Sleek Blush by 3 Palette in 'Pink Lemonade' || Review








Left to right: Icing Sugar, Macaroon, Pink Mint

When it comes to buying a new blush, I'm like a kid at Christmas. Blushes are one of my favourite make up items to collect and I love trying out different kinds. I've heard many things about the Sleek 'Blush by 3' palettes, the majority being positive, and so being a beauty blogger and all that jazz I decided to pop out and buy myself one. I've tried one of the Sleek blushes before and I was highly impressed so I had high expectations. I bought this palette in the shade 'pink lemonade' from my local Tesco for £9.99, meaning that each blush would individually cost £3.33, which makes it pretty good value as normal single blushes cost £4.49! 

The palette consists of 3 pinky/peach shades, with 2 powder blushes and 1 cream blush. They are all very pigmented blushes which are very long lasting. 'Pink Mint' is a beautiful blue toned pink with a hint of shimmer. It is one of my most used shades in the palette and is perfect for adding a natural glow and colour to the cheeks. It is a powder blush and very easy to apply. 'Macaroon' has to be my favourite in the palette. It's weird because I don't normally go for a cream blush everyday but this is just gorgeous! It is like a proper pink, if you get what I mean, very pigmented and very natural. I like to press it in to my skin with a buffing brush and it's great because you don't need too much product to give off the full effect. A little really does go a long way! 'Icing Sugar' is the other powder blush in the palette and my least favourite. I haven't used this blush much since I bought the palette however, I have worn it a little bit. It's different from the other two in that it is more of a coral/peach colour, also with a hint of shimmer. It is a warm tone blush with high pigmentation but doesn't quite fit my fancy!

The packaging has no specialty about it as it is just a simple black case with a standard mirror inside. I like the simplicity of the packaging but I wouldn't rave about it! The palette is very handy to put in my make up bag as it gives a good choice of blush for those days where you need a bit of variety. You can buy Sleek products from Superdrug or even check your local Tesco! For £9.99 it's a pretty good deal!

Charlotte xxx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig