Wednesday 23 April 2014

Current Skincare Routine || Beauty






I remember writing a skincare post in about November 2012 and I'm going to be honest with you, my skincare routine has changed quite a bit since that post. After all, it has been a year and a half. Getting into a constant skincare routine has always been a struggle for me, I'm too lazy. However, this year I've been trying to look after myself more, particularly my skin. I usually use 4 products in my routine, specifically on a morning but this changes at night time, if I'm ever motivated...

Pure Natural Beauty: Instant Radiance Skin Exfoliator
I received this as part of a beauty box that I was given for Christmas (which you can read about here) and I quite like it. I don't use this everyday like my other products but use it twice or three times a week, particularly when I'm going out. It's good for my skin as it gets rid of the little rough spots of my face. I usually use this at the beginning of my routine, particularly in mornings. It's quite a light exfoliator and foams out when massaged into the skin with water. The only thing I'm not too keen on is the smell, but I guess after a while you kind of get used to it!

Benefit: Foamingly Clean Facial Wash
Like the exfoliator, I received this as a Christmas gift. I've always wanted to try more of the Benefit skincare range ever since I was given a sample pot of their moisturiser last year. I got the foam cleanser and it is honestly a great product, particularly for younger skin. You only need to a little bit of product, splash your face with warm water and massage it into a foam lather then wash off. The smell is sooo nice, smells very fresh! I feel like ever since I started using this cleanser, my face has brightened up and my skin doesn't look dull and tired. I also love the packaging and as always, Benefit has ticked the boxes on that part!

Benefit: Total Moisture Facial Cream
Okay everyone, I just want to warn you, I may go a bit crazy about this moisturiser. This is by far my all time favourite moisturiser. As I said at the beginning, I received a sample size version for Christmas in 2012 and used that for a couple of months until it ran out (a part of me died inside). I was wanting to buy it for ages but never had the money. I used to walk past the Benefit counter and see it staring at me, enticing me to buy it...anyway. I was given this as a present of Santa for Christmas this year and I was so excited to see it in my little beauty box! My eyes lit up and I don't think my mam and dad have ever seen me so happy. It's from the same range as the cleanser meaning it has the same packaging, smell and consistency. It's very light and fresh and again, brightens up the skin as well as leaving it soft. It doesn't leave an oily residue to the skin which is great and sinks in perfectly. Definitely a highly recommended product from moi!

The Body Shop: Vitamin E Face Mist
This is the final step of my skincare routine however I only tend to use this product when I'm wearing make up, however sometimes I do like to spray this on my face to brighten my skin up! It's basically a rose water face mist for setting make up and refreshing the skin and I've noticed a huge difference in my skin since using it. I feel like my make up applies a lot smoother and gives off that dewy finish which I am loving at the moment! I always apply this before and after I do my make up and I find that this works best for me. I would definitely repurchase this product, I love it so much!

So that is my current skincare routine which I know I'll be keeping for a long time. I don't tend to change my routine very often and like to stick to products that I know suit my skin and work best for me!

Charlotte xxx

Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig